Friday, February 5, 2010

Monica Ferris Needlecraft mystery series

I am not sure exactly when I was introduced to this series of books. I just know for me it was a way to combine two of my hobbies -- reading and cross stitch. Of course cross stitch isn't the only needlecraft mentioned in the books. Knitting, crochet, and needlepoint are mentioned frequently. I also like the bonus needlework pattern at the end of every book. I have listed the books in order of publication date. It is best to start with the first one so that you can follow the lives of the main characters as they evolve.

1. Crewel World
2. Framed in Lace
3. A Stitch in Time
4. Unraveled Sleeve
5. A Murderous Yarn
6. Hanging by a Thread
7. Cutwork
8. Crewel Yule
9. Embroidered Truths
10. Sins and Needles
11. Knitting Bone
12. Thai Die
13. Blackwork

If you would like to learn more about Monica Ferris and the other pseudonyms she uses, please visit her webiste at http://monica-ferris.com/