Wednesday, June 23, 2010

books in series

Have you ever started reading a book only to discover that this is the first in a series or worse maybe the third in a series? I have done this and sometimes find it hard to track down the rest of the series titles in the correct reading order. I have been playing around on the web to find a site that could help with this problem. Today I came across a site through the Nebraska Library Commission called Books in Series. It is really neat. I looked up C.S. Lewis, Robert Jordan, Jan Karon, Gilbert Morris, Isaac Asimov, Sue Grafton, and Beverly Cleary. I found them all. The lists were in a basic format with the series name in bold type followed by the titles in correct order. I am providing the link so you can take a look for yourself. The site also provides links to other web sites such as Fantastic Fiction. Happy Searching.

http://www.nlc.state.ne.us/ref/booksinseries/