Friday, October 14, 2016

Virtual Quilt Show

This entry is from Marty Lawson.
This is my Denim Cathedral Windows quilt. It was made in 2014. It only took about 3-4 months to complete. My daughter had picked out the gold and blue fabrics to be put together with denim for a quilt for her. We collected jeans from our closets and yard sales and she was going to cut out squares. Then she got sick and couldn't finish the cutting and passed away in 2011. I discovered this pattern in 2014 and thought it would be a great way to use her fabrics. It's made from circles of denim sewn around squares of cotton fabric and sewn together. There is no traditional quilting because it's a "quilt as you go" design. I gave a presentation on how to make this quilt to my quilt guild on what would have been my daughter's 40th birthday.